Today, pay attention to how color affects your images. Experiment with one color, and think about how to feature it prominently.
Today’s Tip: As you train your eye to look for color, keep it simple:
- Choose one bold color against a neutral background, instead of several colors competing for attention in a scene.
- Look for a strong color within a basic composition of uncomplicated lines — your pop of color will stand out more.
- Continue to experiment with light and POV as you shoot color-as-subject — the color may transform as you move.
- Don’t ignore soft, pastel shades — colors like mint and pink can make statements, too.
- Juxtapose pastels with black and darker shades.
Soft pink brightens up the blue giving the windows and reflection a sparkle.
Orange brightens up the street and buildings
Calm and peaceful – pastel blue.
What do you think? Which color gives you the best feeling about the photo?
Your comment is appreciated!